06 December 2010

It's (Probably) Not Capitulation if You Surrender to Yourself... Is it?

Kevin Drum is having some trouble adjusting to the New Realities:

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2010/12/progress-report-democrats-still-idiots

 

You know, I'm in a foul mood lately. And that means maybe I overreact to stuff a wee bit sometimes, though I try to keep the blog on a more or less even keel.

But it's getting harder every day. I mean, WTF? What in God's name are the morons who pass for leaders of the Democratic Party thinking? If they've finally backed themselves into a corner where they're forced to extend all the Bush tax cuts, then OK. I'm resigned to it. But they're seriously planning to extend the tax cuts for two years, even though that means restarting the fight during the 2012 campaign season, "because they see it as politically helpful to them in painting Republicans as defenders of the rich"?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment